10.10.2008

South Dakota



We took a Girls-Only trip to South Dakota last week to see my sister Abby who just got back from a 3 month deployment in Iraq. She is stationed at Ellsworth Airforce Base just outside of Rapid City, SD. Our first stop, of course, was Mt. Rushmore, which I really enjoyed. It was pretty impressive to see.





All the girls lined up for a photo op. From left to right it's: Bailey (my neice), Abby, Heather, Moi, Summer and Madre.







There were, infact, 4 Parish's who helped build Mt. Rushmore. Where any of them relation? Probably not...but I still thought it was cool! :)
We took Abby horseback riding through the mountains for her birthday. Yes, I am on a horse. Yes, It was the smallest and the oldest of them all. Yes, it was perfectly safe, and Yes, I wanted to die from soreness for about 3 days. We took this picture in front of an actual gold mine. All the trees had began to change to their beautiful Autumn colors...the ride was lovely.

1 comments:

Pat said...

We took a trip a few years back through Mt. Rushmore also and loved it.