2.11.2010

Some Good Stuff

Judah and I had a good day out and about.
We were on a mission to find some rugs.
My white IKEA rug is...well... no longer white and I'm quite sick of Shampooing it.
Honestly, what was I thinking buying a white rug?
Our other rug is a hand me down from my mama.
Not really my style.

So, we went to Pier 1 first.
Judah fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep the whole time we were in the store.
Holla! That never happens. I mean never.
I decided something about Pier 1.
Love the merchandise, hate the set up.
Everything is too scrunched together and cluttered.
Clutter makes me anxious.
I also hate having to dig in a store.

Needless to say, I got some good ideas, but didn't find my rugs.

Drew needed some slacks and shoes so I stopped by Target.
Got the slacks, a dress shirt, and a pair of dress shoes for 75% off
a pair of casual shoes for him also on sale
a dress for me (not on sale, but I wanted something cute for Valentines Day!),
and 2 absolutely fabulous rugs for 75% off.


















I just love it when I can find everything I need AND it's on sale.
And Judah was a trooper the whole time. He even hung out in the dressing room with
me and didn't judge my cellulite.

**Side note***

I bought that coffee table over a year ago from Goodwill with plans to refinish/paint/do something exciting with it, but haven't yet.  I need to. Any suggestions?

************************EDIT*********************
about 20 minutes after this post was written, in a brief moment of diaper freedom, Judah pooped and pottied on our living room rug. how's that for keepin' it real?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE your living room!!!

Weza said...

Dont you just love a great bargin. Those rugs are very cool. I really like the green and blue one.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the table. Perhaps paint it white, or a really bright color that matches some of your cushions?

Heather said...

Hmmm...pooped and peed on the new carpet? You may need to separate Judah from Henry. He's a bad influence. Love the look though!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

great finds! it's looking really good!