3.09.2010

lou

i have been delaying any type of post the last 5 days.
mainly because i've been so sad.
but also because it feels wrong to blog about losing someone who
was so close to me.
she didn't like to be gawked at, so i'm not going to do that.
but i am going to say that my cute, bite sized sister in law was amazing.
she loved judah so much. she really did love him.

that was the last time i saw her. at his birthday party.
she was so happy watching him open the books she bought him.
i had never realized how much she loved him.
she had a short life of only 24 years.
she had just celebrated her first wedding anniversary.
they were trying for a baby..
she was pregnant and didn't know it.
it was a tubal pregnancy that ruptured her ovary and caused her to bleed internally
until she stopped breathing.
but, she was given a gift when she arrived to meet her Jesus...
a little baby.
a little gift she didn't even know existed is now with her.
that relieves the pain, and makes it so much easier.
with her Jesus, with her baby.
she's happy.
so, Mandi Lou. i'll be happy for you, too.
i hope you have an abundance of diet coke and that God reveals to you a million new shades of orange.

that's her and her hubby, clint, on their wedding day.
wasn't she cute?

she posted these lyrics were on her facebook page.
they encourage me so much.
i hope they do the same for you.

"This is my temporary home

It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home"

10 comments:

Weza said...

Oh my that is just so so sad. Wow what a hard time your family has had in the last year. Praying for her husband, and your family, and of course for you. xxx

mommyjoymarie said...

What a perfect tribute. Thinking of you all often and praying for peace and comfort.

Kimi said...

What a beautiful Post, and you honored her life in such a beautiful light! Continuing to lift your family up. **hugs**

Sherbear2975 said...

So sorry for your loss, she was very cute, and had the greatest smile. I haven't seen Mandi in years but what I remember she was beautiful inside and out! HUGS!!!!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Beautiful tribute, Kyle. ((hugs), prayers and love...

Valerie said...

That was beautiful...and very touching. I have thought of her and her/your family often the past few days. Praying for peace that only our Lord can give!

Lauren said...

We are so sorry for your loss. We will continue to pray for your family.

Heather said...

"...that God reveals to you a million new shades of orange."

That made me cry. We really have no idea how much he loves us...do we? I love ya, Sis.

susan said...

I have been waiting for you to blog about Mandi, because I knew that when you did, you would pour your whole heart and soul into it, and you did. Mandi loved you too Kyle, and now she has all the joy of being a mother, and none of the worries!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, Kyle. Praying for you and your family as you mourn and work to preserve Mandi's legacy.