I really had no intention of blogging of our Easter prep, but after having an apparently long overdue talk with Drew, I came to find out he has never once in his 23 years dyed an Easter egg.
Say wha?
So, Judah and I walked our little hiney's down to the grocery store to fix this problem.
Judah's too young to care about things like this, so we're the cool parents who put him to bed and dyed Easter eggs while he was sleeping.
**side note**
I always thought that my parents were up doing things really, really fun after they put me to bed. Now being a parent and talking to other parents, I know that this is so true. Playing games, busting out the Wii, eating food the kids didn't know even existed in their house, etc. Funny.
** **
So here is Drew's first official dyed egg.
It was a little much for his detailed Type A personality, but I think he managed well. I mean besides busting out the painters tape to ensure his line was perfect.
Bright and lovely. Just as they should be.
And these things are the devil.
I must have eaten a whole bag in a matter of days.
I even mixed them in with my 100 calorie a bag popcorn last night while watching a movie.
For some reason, it makes me feel better that you know it was 100 calorie popcorn.
Like that even matters after eating an entire bag of jelly beans.
I dig salty and sweet, though.
Gladly, Easter is not about candy or the eggs.
Thank You for dying.
Thank You for rising.
Thank You for victory over sin and death.
Thank You for life with You forever and ever if we believe.
Thank You for assurance of salvation.
Thank You that You did it all to be with ME (and you, too).
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under Heaven given to men by which we must be saved" Acts 4:12
"13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed[d] the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross." Colossians 2:13
Ephesians 2
Made Alive with Christ
"1 Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. 2 You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world.[a] He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. 3 All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God’s anger, just like everyone else.
4 But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, 5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) 6 For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. 7 So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
IF you are reading those for the first time and have questions, comments, or input on them, please feel free to comment or message me privately. I'd love to hear from you :)
Enjoy all your Easter festivities.
HE IS RISEN INDEED!


4 comments:
This blows my mind, after 19 years of Christianity I still get emotional at the thought of what happened at the cross. God is AMAZING!
Happy Easter. Drews egg is very good.xxx
This is beautiful Kyle, thank you for sharing. By the way (BTW), just so you know, everything did happen after you guys fell asleep!!!
Fun story...yes, some of the fun stuff DOES happen after kids are in bed...we've gotten busted a time or two! :0 We let Koen help color eggs...crazy...I kept envisioning the colored dye all over my clothes, curtains, etc... he practically threw the eggs in! Messy!!
Good for you for bringing your husband into the world of family traditions! Poor Drew...
We dyed eggs yesterday. Abe had green fingers for about 24 hours. They each carried a real egg with them to church on Sunday like a pet. It was cute.
And--thanks for the scriptures...lest we forget the real reason. I asked people at work why we celebrate Easter and they had no clue. One said, "to celebrate the Last Supper, right?". At least she was in the same week...
Post a Comment