6.08.2010

23 weeks

I have been pulling my hair out this last week trying to get my blogger account to work. After much grunting, kicking, and even a slap of the mouse, I am back up and running. Finally.

Baby Boy is growing wonderfully. I gained a little too much weight last month. ehem. 8 lbs? Who's counting? Still much better then last time, so I'm happy.
I am much rounder than I was with Judah. People have started their "can I touch it?" faces already. Not my favorite thing, but I get it.
This is my sister Abby's shirt. She weighs 2 lbs and gives me all of her clothes that she buys that don't fit or she doesn't wear. I think it is supposed to be a dress, given the length, but I like it for a maternity shirt.



Judah just woke up from his nap and wasn't really feeling the happy and chipper maternity shoot I was going for. Cute face, though, kid.
Note my face :  I wish I was always so endearing while he was crying.

A few updates from the last pregnancy post:

Thanks to my friend, Michelle, and her marvelous idea, Baby Boy will have a place to sleep. We have a would-be bathroom in our bedroom that has been sheet rocked without any further progress since we moved in. We just use it as an extra closet right now, but it's the perfect size for a crib and a dresser. It has a cute little window and will be perfect for him. I like that he'll be so close, but still have his own space. I'm happy.

We will be cloth diapering.

My mom thinks I am turning into a hippie. Home birth AND cloth diapers...it's almost enough to kill her. After doing a lot of research, it just makes sense. It has nothing to do with me being "green" --  Though, we ARE called to be good stewards of what we have been given and I guess me not throwing in 200 diapers a month helps? Egh, really it's just cheaper. So. much. cheaper. I have the time and thanks to these awesome little devices there is no sticking my hand in the toilet.

That officially sealed the deal with Drew. No toilet dunking in this house.
OH, and they're so cute.

I'm the shallow mom that has her kid in cloth diapers partially because they're cute.  They're guaranteed to last at least 3 years, if used properly. Can't really beat it.
I'm actually pretty excited.

I'm not a hippie, I promise.
Though, if I start wearing long braids ask you if you'd like to join a commune, slap me. Just slap me.

7 comments:

Heather said...

awe, Kyle...you are one of the most pretty pregnant people I know. Just beautiful! Love little man's face...hehee. I love that you are going "green", we are attempting to recycle more and do our part too! Keep up the good work!

Kalinda said...

Beautiful pregnancy photo!!
And I LOVE that you're doing cloth :D I'm just a little biased, though. FuzziBunz were the first CDs we bought for Ajay. If you're up for it, I can give you a little run down of the diapers we love and those we don't love.

susan said...

Kyle, I don't think you are a hippie, but you are "far out"! You have so much more energy than I do anymore, awh youth!!! Good job!

Heather said...

I think it's great you're cloth diapering although you are slowly killing our mother. She cloth-diapered me and look how I turned out. No, wait!

Anyhoo, I was missing your blog so glad to see it's up and running.

And...I still love my hair.

The End

The Whites said...

We LOVE cloth diapers! You really don't need a diaper sprayer until they are eating a lot solids. Exclusive breastmilk poo (and meconium!) is water soluble, so we just throw our diapers, poo and all, in a pail until they go in the wash and they always come out clean.

You can make your own laundry detergent too to save money - I got my recipe off the Duggars website and I've never had a problem with build up.

Also, have you checked out diaper swappers? great deals if you dont mind used!!

alex.klein said...

Kyle! I miss and love you so much. Your blog makes me smile. I love reading about you guys. I honestly did not even know they made cloth diapers anymore. More power to yah.

I cant believe Suze just called you "far out" paahahaha!

We started recycling too...but for a little more selfish reason...California pays great if you recycle.

I cant wait to read more! Give Judah my kissies.

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm so glad I could be of help! I now feel famous for being mentioned on your blog! :)