8.16.2010

cookies and crab apples

What a beautiful few days we have had here in Kansas.
I have needed them.
I've needed to sit out in the yard and let the breeze hit my face.
To breathe deeply the smells of summer and yesterdays rain
and listen to the rustling of the leaves over my head and cicadas chiming in the trees.
To sit and toss crab apples around the yard with Judah and watch him chase the birds.



It just does my soul good being outside.

It also does my soul good to be able to turn on the oven during a cool afternoon and bake an afternoon snack for us to enjoy.
(Some of us more than others...ahem)


Peanut butter, chocolate chips, oats.
Fabulous.

I'm looking forward to a house with windows open and curtains flapping on about,
pumpkin spice lattes, crisp and cool air, baking, cinnamon, chili, football, hoodies, cuddling a new baby.

Fall.
I'm so ready for you.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

AGREED!! so ready for fall

Michelle said...

YES!! To all the above! I can't wait for fall either! It's my favorite season!

alex.klein said...

Fall is my absolute favorite :) well Kansas fall...it will just stay the same here :/ pooh.

Kalinda said...

Ahhh, I love fall, and you just wrapped it all up in a nice little word bundle. I'm so excited for fall!!