So, I thought a lot today about the Ressurection and I have a couple of things I wanted to just put into words instead of going over them in my head again, and again.
* I was brought up a Catholic. Aside from many differing oppinions towards that religion that I now have, the biggest and most important to me is the Crucifixion and Ressurection. Now, if you know anything about the Catholic faith, they hammer the crucifixion. That's basically the one thing I knew about Jesus in my 6 years of Catholic school-
1. He died. He died because of our "sin" - being all the bad stuff we do.
2. He suffered- he was hurt, beaten, and tortured, therefore, we must hurt, beat, and torture ourselves to be found worthy.
And that's where the story ended. Everytime I went to Mass I saw Him on the cross, beaten and with a sad look on his face. I thought that was such a miserable way to be. I didn't want to live my life in pain to one day "hopefully" make it to Heaven to be with a person who looked sad forever and ever.
So today, I was thinking of my life over that past 3 1/2 years back to when I accepted Christ October 26, 2004. And I got to thinking..."I LOVE THE TOMB!" I love Jesus, I am so thankful that He did suffer for ME, and He did die for ME, that He carried MY sin, but I LOVE THE TOMB. I love that for 3 days people thought, "I guess we were wrong." "Did we make a mistake?" That people mourned for the loss of their Teacher, friend, etc. That Jesus waited, and then ROSE. That he appeared to his people, to those who doubted and couldn't believe. He appeared to those that betrayed him, denied him, and to those who waited faithfully.
I love that tomb...more specifically, I love what happened in that tomb. I love that he conquered death. I just think its such an amazing thing, and a true picture of our warrior King and friend. Best of all...He's alive. He's not on a cross. He's not in a tomb. He's alive. Sitting at the right hand of God. And even better...He's coming back!
So "Down with the Easter Bunny"......Jesus is way better.
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
2 weeks ago
1 comments:
The bunny is not part of our tradition, but the TOMB is! I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Jesus opened his eyes to life! Unwrapping himself! Taking that special care to fold up the head cloth! He is a Savior concerned with every last detail!!
Post a Comment