Now losing things and forgetting things are just "Klein traits" that are instilled deep within my genes. They cannot be helped. That is why I have lists all around my house (that I often forget to read), and when we leave the house I come back in 2 or 3 times to grab my phone that I forgot and grab the purse I left on the couch. It is frustrating. This trait runs so deep in fact that I'm pretty sure, at least once in our lives, each of we 6 children were left behind without our parents realizing it.
SO...I have had a couple of situations come up in the last week where things are just "missing". I ran around the house like a mad woman for an hour and a half looking for $50 cash that I knew I had put in my purse and it just wasn't there when I went to get it out. I had Drew looking, it was his money that he worked an extra job for, and just couldn't find it. I had finally reasoned that it must have just flown out of the car when I was driving (the unlikelihood of this is high, I know, but I was desperate, ok?) Then, it just appeared in one of my books that I was reading. How did that happen?
So today, I was looking for our coupon to go to Crown Uptown to see "Ring of Fire", and it was missing too! It was on my dresser for 2 weeks and then it was just gone. We looked forever and still haven't found it. So our nice "cheap date" turned into a not-so-cheap date, which was a bummer.
I kept apologizing to Drew the whole time telling him I just didn't know what happened to it. I didn't know what I could have possibly done with it. He wasn't mad at all. He wanted me to stop apologizing because it was really okay. Then I got to thinking....If this situation was reversed I would have been mad at him. I would have told him that he was irresponsible, and probably made him feel bad for losing it. I had to ask for forgiveness for that. He didn't get mad at me when I lost HIS money that he worked for, or when I lost that coupon and made us late. I am definitely learning from his example of grace and mercy towards me. And I'm increasingly more and more thankful that I married a man that has unending patience.
So.....if I find that coupon......I will, against my initial feelings of malice and anger, forgive it for "running away"..........haha, right.
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
2 weeks ago
4 comments:
Hilarous!
Currently I can't find my driver's license (so glad the lady at BeautyFirst let me buy shampoo anyway), and this winter I couldn't find my pea coat for a few months--it was crammed in the trunk of my car!
Alas, it was a VERY cold winter!
You are precious! and this affliction will NOT go away . . . it will only get worse!
Fortunately, I have never left a child behind, but I have had very real dreams of forgetting them!
Thank you, ladies! Good to know I am not the only one! :)
*cough* !!update!! *cough* Didn't you take pics in KC?!
Post a Comment