Judah is not due for 10 more days, but I am really anxious. My midwife has been encouraging me to do all that I can, be it walking, etc., to get this little guy out due to the preclampsia. Now I know that he will decide when he is ready and it is not my intention to aggravate him or make him uncomfortable, I have just tried about everything under the sun to "ease" his way into the world.
Myth 1- Walking induces labor.
I have been walking pretty regularly throughout the pregnancy. The last few weeks I have been on the elliptical machine or treadmill for 30 min twice a day resulting in a few minor contractions, sore legs, and no labor! It has helped with the swelling and given me more energy so I will continue to press on.
Myth 2- Eating Pineapple induces labor.
I am a pineapple advocate through and through. It is the best of all the fruits in my opinion. So nothing disappointed me more than eating 3-4 cans of pineapple and drinking a whole can of pineapple juice during the last week and a half or so with no labor. Good for the vitamin C though!
Myth 3- Eating Spicy foods induces labor.
This did nothing but wake me up at 4 in the morning with heartburn!
Myth 4- Pressure points induce labor
After convincing my oh so dear husband to rub my feet for the umpteenth time, I also convinced him to rub the pressure points by my ankles (I had to google it for the exact location). He thought it was "weird" and I thought it was slightly painful.
Myth 5- Bowling will induce labor.
This one is courtesy of my Momma who delivered 8 children. She said it worked like a charm every time. We went bowling yesterday, no labor, and now my ego is slightly damaged with a high score of 54! I blame it on my center of gravity being altered so.
So needless to say, I am finished with trying to "ease" his way into the world. God's timing is perfect, and He probably wondering when I will just accept that. So I am, with anxiousness and all.
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
2 weeks ago
6 comments:
Hi Kyle! I was 10 days early with my first and 10 days late with my second - God's timing is perfect! You look beautiful!
The last thing I ate before having Ethan was spicy food, that was a 7:00 dinner and I was in labor by midnight and had him 10 days early. Probably a coincidence but funny. I'll be praying for you. I Cant' wait to meet jude.
You can try evening primrose oil, I have read about it! I personally have never had a problem with being overdue, but I read about it and it helps soften the cervix, it is a natural supplement and you can go on-line and research it...but some midwives use it to induce labor naturally! I have an irritable uterus and tend to go into labor early...thank goodness! Hope you hatch soon! Can't wait to meet Jude.
Kyle, I was really ready toward the end of my pregnancy, too. Wild was 3 days late...enjoy your time with Drew when it's just you two! Is Judah going by Jude, for short?
p.s.--your are a workout queen! I'm impressed! You could not have gotten me on an elliptical, let alone an treadmill, during my last trimester!
God's timing is perfect...Judah's is not!
It was fun running into you today! If I thought you were on my mind before you are even more now :) I know how scary and disappointing it is when things don't go the way we hope. In your case even more so since you're dealing with preclampsia. All that to say, I'm praying Judah comes SOON and you have a safe and healthy delivery!
Post a Comment