2.10.2009

38 weeks


I went to the midwife last week for my 37 week appointment and we found out I was having a couple of problems. I have been really swollen (or just more than usual) the last few weeks. We found out I have preclampsia, which explains the swelling and weight gain the last few weeks. Since we are trying to avoid the hospital, she put me on a high protein diet, no sugar *not easy or fun, but necessary*, and told me to walk, walk, walk. She would like to have me delivered by 39 weeks because the farther along I get the worse the preclampsia gets.
I went today for another check up, and after a weekend of lots of cheese and yogurt and chicken, and a ton of walking, my preclampsia is better ( I went from +2 protein to +1), not nearly as swollen, and have lost a few pounds (I'm assuming that was just water weight).
We are so relieved that it is getting better. My biggest fear is delivering in the hospital and we definitely feel like our prayers are being answered.
Overall, I am feeling really well. I am really not that uncomfortable, other than all the pressure I am feeling since the baby dropped. But "pain is progress", or at least I will keep telling myself that :)

1 comments:

Shawn said...

You are so close. Thinking of you all! A home delivery sounds marvelous--is that what you're doing?
mindy harris