5.14.2010

he speaks my love language

Happy Mother's Day translates in my brain as:
You had a kid. You take care of this kid every single day. You are growing another kid. You deserve a break. And presents. And doughnuts.

Thank you, Lord, my husband speaks my love language.

I slept in. 830 may not count as "sleeping in", but Judah was up at 630 and you better believe I was elated to get an extra 2 hours.

I woke up to these lovely things.
Homemade doughnuts.














They were fabulous. I shamelessly ate each and every one.

What Mother's Day would be complete without flowers.
But these were not just ordinary flowers.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They were adorned by a little surprise present.
 


Keys to a ferrari!
Woo Hoo!!
No, actually it's better.
Those are the keys to Drew's truck he bought in February.
I said, "you're giving me your truck?"
He said, "yep".
I thought, "wow, ok. run out of ideas, babe?"
Then I got it.
We're selling his truck so I can get a more dependable car to haul the boys around. My 10 year old chevy hasn't been cutting it. Drew was just given a work van and this nice truck just sits in our driveway.
What a guy.
He loves that truck.
Like. Really loves that truck.
So it really means a lot.
I'm hoping to find a sweet mid sized SUV with optional 3rd row seating.
(I'm trying to save the mini van til at least my mid to late 20's)
Which means, I'll probably be getting a mini van.
What, what?
23 years old + 2 kids + mini van
Isn't that what every girl my age is driving?



4 comments:

Weza said...

What a wonderful husband you have! Thoughtful and generous. Hope the truck sells quickly.

Sherbear2975 said...

awwwww! how sweet!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

I love how he told you. So lovely! Also, I will hurt you if you don't get a van. I feel so lonely. I was 21, ok?!?!! *sigh* They really aren't that bad....ahem.

Unknown said...

what a sweet gift. you are 23? i feel old.