5.17.2010

20 weeks

Let me commence this post by apologizing for my horridly awkward 20 week picture. Drew asked to take one for me yesterday, but I had not showered and I was still in my pajamas. So, which is worse? Awkward or dirty crumpled mess?



One of these days you'll get to see my face again. Until then...here we go.

This pregnancy is flying. I (and my still ferocious appetite) have to stop and remind myself constantly that: Yes, I am pregnant. Yes, this is happening. Yes this baby will be born in a few months. Yes, you are 20 weeks. Yes, you are getting bigger. Yes, that's why people are looking at you.
I have not been planning like I should be. There are quite a few things that I really need to buckle down and think about.

You know, like:

1. Where is this baby going to sleep? Judah's room is a glorified walk-in closet. There is no way they are both fitting in there. We stole the third bedroom to make a "master suite", which was a fabulous idea while I was 8 months pregnant with Judah and living in my mother's basement and all I could think about was what a big bedroom I wanted, and I was definitely not having another baby for another 3 years.
Laughable.
2. What will we call you, little baby? We have no clue.
3. Since we already have everything in the boy department, I don't need to worry about buying new things, but where did I put all that baby stuff? I found half of Judah's mobile on the top shelf of his closet. Where is the rest? And why would I only store half of a mobile? Most of the baby bouncy seats, exersaucers, etc. are missing their attachments. I have no idea where to even begin looking for those.
4. Will we cloth diaper or not? I have been watching a few of my mommy friends cloth diaper their babies and they have half convinced me I should.
5. We will have to have Judah ready for his big boy bed before fall. Potty training him would be great, too.  Oh, and getting him fully off the bottle and blanket addiction. He hasn't had a bottle in about a week, but he uses his sippy cup like it's a bottle. At least it's not a bottle I guess.. The giraffe blanket that is attached to his hip is another story. That may take years.

One thing I do know, little baby, is that you are growing, moving and loved like crazy. Even if I do forget you're in there from time to time.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I felt like that when I was pregnant with Abram. I kept forgetting I was pregnant and the time just flew!

Both boys used their sippy cups as bottles...Joe pointed that out and had them off sippy cups the minute I left the house for more than a few hours...aka Africa for 2 weeks.

And, Sam still has his blankie and he's 6. I just don't have it in me to take it away. He loves it. I love that he loves it. It makes him still little in a way. I vote you let Judah keep it.

Kalinda said...

If you're interested in my opinion, I say do cloth diapers :D They are way cuter to see on a baby bum than sposies. But that's just me and my opinion.

drea :: dre of white stables said...

You are so not awkward! I might steal your shirt...when you aren't already wearing it.
Oh, and I'm glad I'm not the only one with baby stuff here and there instead of all in one place.

Sherbear2975 said...

what about Uriah? I love unique bible names, and you have a Judah which I just love that name! I am doing G diapers! Love them! you will figure out the rest! Can't wait to meet the newest Parish addition! I can't believe I am just weeks away from mine! yay Congrats!