7.14.2010

giving my life some color

Since I walk and blog stalk on a daily basis now, my brain has been on overload with all the crafts, projects and ideas I would love to complete.
Though, sadly, my "craft" envelope just never seems to have any money in it.
Here's a few projects I completed this weekend, all for under $10.00.

I painted this mirror Drew and I bought for our old 1920's house. It fit out decor perfectly there, but it's just been sitting in the basement since we moved in here.
I took it from a boring white to a bold orange. 
I have seen on some craft blogs that they use spray paint to paint their furniture. I looked and looked for the perfect color and didn't find much of a selection. They were also pretty expensive. So, I bought an 84 cent bottle of acrylic paint from Michael's and painted this in less than 20 minutes.


 Next, we bought this headboard from the flea market a few months ago for $3.00.
I spruced it up by covering it with batting and fabric and we mounted it to our wall.
I love the way it turned out. It was a super easy project that took less than 30 minutes.



And finally, I had two canvases that we displayed in our old house that were also sitting in the basement.  I knew I wanted to do something with them, but just hadn't been able to figure out what.


After going over the entire canvas with primer, I took some of the 84 cent acrylic paint I bought and painted the frame portion. Then, I Mod Podged fabric (that I bought months ago because I loved it, but didn't have any clue what to do with) onto the canvas. I went against everything in me to not match them. Drew said it gave it more personality. I ended up agreeing.

I just love, love, love these.
Perfect little pops of color for my oh so neutral and gray home.

SO..... what have you been making?

4 comments:

Weza said...

all this is so great! Your are very creative.

Michelle said...

What fun crafts!! I've not had any crafting mojo for awhile. I noticed I lost it around the time I miscarried. Since then I've been filling my free time with reading lots of books. I hope to get it back soon as I've got a couple of fun projects waiting on me!

Heather said...

Kyle! I really love your headboard...I wish I had half the creativity you have. What a "Becky Home-ecky" you've grown up to be!

What are your plans for my house?

Kalinda said...

Such cute crafts! I always have high hopes that never come to fruition.
Yay for things accomplished!