7.12.2010

28 weeks

Hello, Third Trimester.
I'd like to say you've been a long time coming, but you haven't.
You snuck up on me.
Nevertheless, I'm glad you're here.


I never had any dreams about Judah when I was pregnant with him until a few weeks before he was born. I dreamt that I was holding him when he was a few months old.  He had light brown fluffy hair, big eyes, and tanned skin. He looked pretty similar to what I remember in my dream.

This boy, on the other hand, I have dreamt about quite often.  He has had everything from brown curly hair (!!! I would just adore some curls), to blond hair that sticks up all over the place, a mouth full of teeth, to me nursing him at Thanksgiving dinner. Call me crazy, but I am so looking forward to nursing again. I just love being the thing they want and need to feel better.  Judah traded me in for a sippy and his blanket far too early for my liking. He weaned himself at 8 months.

I wonder if he'll look like Judah and me, or if he will look like Drew.  My lovely, dark, curly haired husband that was born with the blondest of blond hair, large dark eyes, and an ample noggin. His hair turned dark as a young boy and spent his childhood looking like Benny Rodriguez from the Sandlot. Had I known him then, I would have professed my love as a young girl of 8 and never turned back. I was all about Benny. Good thing he caught up with me later in life and I did just that. Time will tell!

4 comments:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

lol Benny! You're so funny! Lookin' great, mama.

Sarah said...

you look amazing!

alex.klein said...

Gosh you look amazing Kyle! Skinny little thing lol. Looks like a basketball under your shirt!

Unknown said...

you look beautiful!
can't say i'm as big of a fan of nursing as you are (i find it quite stressful to be the ONLY one in charge of nourishment). but i'm glad you are!