8.30.2010

busy mind, busy hands

Judah has gotten sick the past two weekends.
Thank you, ragweed allergies.

He is typically a hard sleeper, but when he isn't feeling well, he wakes up all night.
So, once I get him comfortable and asleep, I, naturally, can't sleep.

This past Saturday I was up from 1:30-4:30 am thinking of everything from needing to wax my eyebrows to not forgetting to order a birthing pool.
Things which are obviously of utter importance and needing to be pondered at the wee hours of the morning.

I think I have this panic-y feeling that I will go into labor early. I really hope I don't.
Not because I'm not dying to meet him, because I am, but his room is nowhere close to being finished and everything is still in boxes scattered throughout the house.

I'm feeling frazzled.

My untweezed eyebrows can prove it.

So, I started making a list so I could stop obsessing about it at 2 in the morning.

Here we go:

Find and install carpet

Sell Drew's truck  (ASAP!) and buy mom-ish vehicle

Touch up paint in baby's room

Shampoo rugs and ottoman

Crochet a cute newborn hat

Organize craft stuff that has overtaken our bedroom

Organize Judah's toys that have overtake the rest of our house

Finish body pillows and cases

Paint toes

Order birthing pool

Repaint bedroom

Make curtains for bedroom to replace the sheet that has covered the window for over a year

Fix closet door in bedroom that has been off its hinges for over a year .... better yet, have Drew fix it.

Keep up blog

Finish trim in baby's room and our bedroom.

Keep walking

Gather supplies for home birth. Towls, shower curtain, tongs (??)

Sleep.  Let baby grow. Sleep. Sleep.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

6 comments:

alex.klein said...

Awh! I do that exact same thing. I wake up and just worry about things I need to do. But they arent as important as worrying about baby things! you're so cute.

Heather said...

So, I did this exact same thing last Thursday night! I was supposed to get up before Joe went to work and run. I even went to bed early so I wouldn't feel awful when I had to get up at 5:45. Went to bed at 10:30pm...didn't fall asleep until 12:30. Joe got up to go to the bathroom at 3:00 a.m. and I couldn't go back to sleep until 5 a.m.!!! So, I didn't run that day needless to say.

Wanna know what I was thinking that kept me up? "Barbara's gonna lose her apartment because she's smoking"...and then I kept singing the song "What It's Like" by Everlast. I. Couldn't. Quit. I have no idea why I do that, but it's really annoying...

lisa said...

LOL..Kyle you have the best posts!! If you want I can take care of the Crocheted newborn hat....just let me know what color you want. I can give it to you at the next bunco....it can be one less thing to worry about.

Is Judah liking those books?

susan said...

Just relax and enjoy the last few weeks of alone time you will have with Judah.

Weza said...

I am impressed you can still reach your toes.
That is some list. Im sure the nesting will kick in soon and it will all get done.

Valerie said...

I know we dont know each other so well..but I recognize a mama's need to nest. If theres anything I can help with, let me know. I mean it! :)