9.07.2010

progress

We buckled down this last week and were finally able to accomplish much of our to-do list.  We still have a few things to do, but all and all, we're ready.


Find and install carpet   (Got a really good deal on remnant carpet from Jabara's)
Sell Drew's truck (ASAP!) and buy mom-ish vehicle
Touch up paint in baby's room
Shampoo rugs and ottoman --took forever and was long overdue. gross.
Crochet a cute newborn hat -- work in progress.
Organize craft stuff that has overtaken our bedroom
Organize Judah's toys that have overtake the rest of our house -- I did do it, but they've overtaken the house again.
Finish body pillows and cases
Paint toes -- one of these days
Order birthing pool
Repaint bedroom
Make curtains for bedroom to replace the sheet that has covered the window for over a year -- Now to buy curtain rods. I really would love a cheaper more thrifty option, but I haven't found any yet.
Fix closet door in bedroom that has been off its hinges for over a year .... better yet, have Drew fix it.
Keep up blog
Finish trim in baby's room and our bedroom.
Keep walking -- I worked my butt off last week. That counts right?
Gather supplies for home birth. Towels, shower curtain, tongs (??)
Sleep. Let baby grow. Sleep. Sleep. -- I've slept a lot easier with all the extra stress removed from my shoulders.

Here is the baby's room in progress. *** I can't believe I forgot to take pictures before we did the work. Just think raw sub floor, sheet rock and mud spackled walls and lots of exposed plumbing. ***



This room is tiny and very hard to photograph. Here is the other part of the room.




Any suggestions for covering up the remaining exposed plumbing?
 
 

8 comments:

JCL said...

Use a long narrow gallery wrap to cover up both. Make sure its thick enough.

Michelle said...

Yay! I love the little room. And you know Andrew slept in a pack n play for 18 months until Ethan got a twin bed and Andrew moved into the crib.

susan said...

I told you I would get you a pedicure before the baby comes. I know he will be so upset if you have ugly toenails!

Weza said...

Well done on getting through most of your list!
Could you hang a long skinny bookshelf over both fittings, just cut a hole in the back to slot over each fitting?

Valerie said...

Great job!
Schedule a pedicure at 37 weeks...might bring on labor and will also makes thos tosies cute!
I was at Big Lots the other day (I NEVER shop there). They have some decorative curtain rods for about $8. NOt ugly...maybe not super fancy or super quality...but it works for now.
As for the "projections' in the baby room. I have some ideas. The higher up one could be 'hidden' in one of those 'cube wall shelves. Know what I am talking about? Kinda like a shadow box... You could hang several of them and place random items in them for decoration. As for the lower, larger one...maybe one of those cutesy bathtub spout covers...we have a ducky one...maybe they make elephant ones...isnt that his theme? Or paint an elephant face around it and make the pipe/tube somehow be the elephants trunk...I am not an artist, but I can picture it in my mind.

Weza said...

Ill show you mine if you show me yours... belly that is. :)

Summer Schoenhals said...

I agree with the cube shelves they are cheap at walmart, maybe three for 10 bucks. The carpet is cute and I love the orange stripe. As far as curtain rods,it depends on the type of curtains but you can used big dowel (sp?) rods and stain them or paint them silver or bronze, then all you need is a couple of hanging mounts to put the dowel through you can get them at big lots for cheap. One time I used a fancy shower curtain rod and it was cute. Or you could always go to IKEA and get the ceiling mounted tr tracks??? In which case you would need me to go with you since you are in a pregnant way. I would do it though just for you :)

Lauren said...

Try electric conduit pipe for curtain rods. For a 10 foot 3/4 inch thick piece it is about $4.00. Cut it into the size you need, prime it and then paint it whatever color you want. You can even add decorative end pieces (which could be the most expensive part, but I am sure you could find something creative and cheaper). You will still need to buy brackets, but overall it should be a lot cheaper.