8.03.2010

dad stuff


I love that Judah and Drew have paired up into a seemingly inseparable duo.
I know it's God's perfect timing with his little brother soon to be occupying much of my time.
They do all the fun "boy" stuff we mommies (especially pregnant ones) just can't do like daddies do.
I can barely bend over to get the laundry off the floor let alone rough house like they do.
I'm just not as fun that way.
Right now I'm good for the kissy-encouragement type of parenting.
And I'll take all the kisses he'll let me get.


We went to the lake this weekend for a little get together on Drew's side.
The boys played in the water and threw rocks.


Finding the right rock turns out to be a science.
Who knew?
They started off with the small ones.
Then they decided it should be a "Who Can Throw the Biggest Rock" competition.


Poppy joined in, too.
Boys.
They just can't help themselves.

Three generations of Parish boys.
Kind of melts my heart a little.

It's not going to be so bad being the only girl around here.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

the first picture melted my heart!! so cute

Heather said...

This post is very sweet. God is good in the way he moves the older kid to the dad so you can focus on the one that is coming or just came.

The pictures are great! especially the one with all the Parish Men.

And it's not so bad, I agree, being the only girl around. I would know :)

alex.klein said...

I love this post. So adorable. I always enjoy your blog. Im addicted like a crack head on...well crack.

Ashleigh Thomson said...

Love the pictures! God, if we ever have another one, my heart says I want a girl, but my head says BOY! I think I would lock my daughter in room every weekend from age 13 until she left for college. Haha!