Every single time I put on a pair of jeans I think the same stinking thing....
"jeans are dumb."
Am I alone in this?
With my post partum belly flab and every jean makers desire to reveal every woman's hiney crack (even if the tag said mid-rise), I am fighting a losing battle.
They're dumb.
I put them on every day and walk around for about an hour while they fall down, stretch out, bunch up and make my thighs look huge until I give up and jump right back into my comfy pants.
I did my part.
At least I tried.
The only pair of jeans that I didn't have this problem with are my oh-so-skinny jeans that will not be making an appearance on this girl for at least 3 months. Or 4.
Moving right along....
It has not been my intention to only blog once a week, but my hands seems to always be full and someone seems to always be crying. We're still working on getting into some sort of a routine. Judah and I are both adjusting to him not getting 100% of my attention during the day. It's been rough and he has been misbehaving quite a bit (mostly due to boredom, I think) which makes me feel terribly guilty.
So, I have tried to fill our mornings with activities while Caleb is sleeping.
We draw...
Judah has his bat and ball, I have my cleaning products, Drew has his hat and hammer.
My sister, Debbie and her wheelchair, Nanny has her spoon and a pot, Gah is mowing
(don't be jealous of my incredible drawing skills)
He was "all done" after that picture so the rest of the family is excluded from this post.
Sorry, guys.
We paint...
We built a fort, a pillow castle, went bowling with mason jars, colored; all of which were failures. He only wants to play catch or go outside. His imagination needs some work and so does mine.My mind seems to be stuck on crafts, which he's not into So I'll ask you.
What in-home activities do you do with your toddlers to keep them entertained and busy?
5 comments:
I so get the jeans issue...
The 'I can teach my child" blog has a whole lot of ideas for activities with children. Also Marigold road (i know you know her) has been posting quite a bit on what activities she does with Wilder. You could pick her brain.
Hang in there, you will get into the swing of parenting two in no time. xxx
You are doing a great job Kyle! Try not to feel guilty, it will get better.
you are doing a great job Kyle! It will get better, don't be to hard on yourself!
We did lots of puzzles at that age, and Dublo Lego's, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, Play Dough, stacking blocks, playing in a drawer of my cookie cutters, Geo Tracks (trains), Little People Bus, Little People Airplane. What's nice is that they still spend lots of time playing with (big boy) Lego's, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, puzzles, and Play Dough. My boys are builders by nature I guess!
If you ever fit into your oh-so-skinny jeans again, I'd say you have no room to complain. ;)
We read lots of books, puzzles are a new favorite, and legos! When Grayson was that age and I had Tate I spent a lot of time playing basketball with Grayson on his little indoor goal. :)
Hang in there...it will get better! (Then you'll have another one and start all over!)
Post a Comment