7.09.2010

how we like it

I have had a pretty good stream of luck while looking for cloth diapers.  I found 5 older version Fuzzibunz at a garage sale for $3.00 each (the new ones are $18.25 each!) and we were given a $50.00 gift certificate to Babies R Us and bought 4 Bum Genius 3.0 diapers (velcro) with $26.00 of our own money. That's just over $40.00 for 9 diapers. Very good deal.  Judah goes through about 10 or 11 diapers a day (this kid is a pee pod), so we aren't solely using cloth yet, but have been able to keep 1 box of diapers for over a month. 

His thoughts:

He didn't know what to think of them at first and kept bending over and looking at them and trying to pull them off.

He gets a little impatient with the snaps.

Since the Fuzzibunz were not a one size diaper, the legs are a little loose and he has peed through a couple of times.

My thoughts:

I have been so surprised at how easy it has been. I was expecting it to be a lot of time.

Much like diapering was with a first born, it just takes finding a system that works well for me.  I'm still tweaking it, but I'm slowly figuring it out.

I have created my own diaper pail by using Judah's Diaper Genie and lining it with trash bags that I bought months ago that were the wrong size.  I just toss the soiled diapers in there and dump them in the washing machine when it's time to clean them.

I dread poop. I would rather just fold it up and never have to think twice about it, but it's a small price to pay for all the money we are saving.

I still want to try the new version of Fuzzibunz before I completely sell myself on the Bum Genius 3.0's.

Lastly, and bestly (??) they're so cute.

Drew's thoughts:

I have heard a lot of, "Kyle, what do I do with this?" and "I have to touch that?".

Hasn't gotten used to them yet, but hasn't given up either.

Hates poop.

All in all... we're glad we're doing it.

3 comments:

alex.klein said...

I love the yellow cloth diaper! I cant believe Judah goes through ten/eleven a day! lol

susan said...

They make a diaper liner for cloth diapers. I don't know how much they are, but it might be worth it. Maybe that defeats the purpose.

susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.