9.21.2010

for mandi


This past Saturday, we gathered to celebrate what would have been  Mandi's 25th birthday.
(Click on her name for her story). 
We ate lunch as a family and gathered at the park to release 25 orange balloons and 1 purple balloon for her little baby that died with her.




We attached little notes to our balloons. Judah drew her a picture.




I was not at all prepared for how emotional and beautiful it was to see her balloons floating away. 


It was beautiful.
Just like her.
Happy Birthday, Mandi.

5 comments:

susan said...

This was a sweet tribute Kyle, lovely.

Heather said...

Thanks a lot! Right now I am sitting at my desk, eating a Subway and blubbering...in public. That was beautiful. I loved the purple balloon and Judah's picture.

alex.klein said...

Beautiful idea, beautiful pictures, beautiful blog. Not beautiful= my nose running down my face and me crying into my own mouth.

Michelle said...

What a very special beautiful thing to do!

Summer Schoenhals said...

Wow that just made me bawl. How beautiful, judah's picture is adorable. What a memory.